RE: Optimization Question

Bob - I agree, but wow, the amount of logic and complexity with this
approach is significant....
i.e., what measure to use to determine a change is required ?; how does that
measure correlate to changes in the parameters of the system ?; how often
should the system make a change ? How will it know exactly which parameters
to change ? Does the system need to maintain multiple sets of "books" in
order to be able to effectively revert back to it's original parameters ? Or
should the initial parameters be foresaken forever, never to be revisited ?

All good questions.....and this approach certainly flys against the
"simple-is-better" philosophy espoused many times on this list.