Re: XP optimization - OT

>Sony products very often have considerably shorter warranty periods than
>other brands.  This should speak about their own confidence in the
>reliability of what they produce.

Warranties are an added inducement to purchase a product. With your
line of reasoning, we should all be buying Kia automobiles (which,
generally, neither perform very well nor have a stellar reputation for
quality).

I would imagine that displays involve personal preference more than
any other component. However, I've found that other displays can't
compare to the Sony CRTs (particularly the higher end models) in terms
of contrast ratio. I've owned quite a few Sony displays and they've
performed flawlessly. Conversely, I've had to return two Viewsonics as
a result of convergence problems (both right out of the box).