Re: programming standards ?

At 3:41 PM +1000 12/14/01, jonmac wrote:

>I have lots of trouble with the 64K size limit. My systems have many stops
>coded individually into each system, and then there are arrays etc I have
>built with help from Bob Fulks, Gary Fritz and others.

I recall that one copy of each function you use takes up some of the
64K space allocation in TS4.0. You can use Include Systems, each of
which can be 64K, but there are a lot of limitations. Arrays can use
up the space very quickly.

One major advantage of TS2000i is the removal of the 64K limit and
the inclusion of function calls by reference. These allow you to pass
the address of variables to the function, change the values in the
function, and exit the function with the values of the variables
remaining as they were modified in the function. This, in effect,
allows you to put any of your code in functions and not be limited by
returning only the value of the function.

Regarding passing arrays to the Lowest Function, you could copy your
own version of the Lowest code into your code. This might even save
space if you only call the function once but obviously takes more
space if you call the function twice.

Bob Fulks