programming standards ?

Jim, Gary,

this is a topic close to my heart also.

In the course of my work I've seen and been forced to use many programming
standards, including the famed "Hungarian notation". The standard that I
have learned to like best, however, simply consists in using variable names
that are self-descriptive, unabridged, and capitalized inside for each word,
like
numberOfTrades,
which avoids underscores. I make exceptions, however, for counters in loops
and iterators, such as
for(i=1; i<100;i++)
etc. These counters I like to name i,j,k etc.

Comments where comments are due. Too many of them can cloud the issues also,
such as
a=b*c;  // b is multiplied by c to give a  :-)

Best regards,

Michael Suesserott