Re: Color me confused

A more detailed answer was sent to Thomas, but here is a portion of my reply...

At 03:59 PM 12/10/2001, you wrote:

>Thank you very much sir for your kind offer! I'm embarrassed to have to
>exercise it so quickly but

<<snip>>

>Original question:=============>
>
>I'm running TS5 and the last bar on my chart is Dec 7th. If I have the code:
>    Sell the next bar at MyEntry Stop;
>    print(date);
>The last date to print to my debug window is 1011207 (december 7th).
>
>BUT, if  have the code:
>    If Open of the next bar > MyPrice then Sell the next bar at MyEntry Stop;
>    print(date);
>The last date to print to my debug window is 1011206 (december 6th)!

     In brief, you can not use the "Open Next Bar" logic with any success
UNLESS you are connected to a live data feed.

     The reason, as explained in my EasyLanguage workshops and book ("Ask
Mr. EasyLanguage", Traders Press), is that Omega's new software (unlike
System Writer Plus circa 1984) will wait for the first tick of the next bar
before evaluating the EZL code.

     When you are downloading data at the end of the day, this "first tick"
rule rather nullifies any advantage of referencing the opening price...

>Why does the last bar disappear in my print statement? I also had a statement:

<<snip>>

>school, "I'll be your friend forever."
>Thanks!

    Samuel K. Tennis                              Vista-Research
     129 Staff Drive, NE                    voice: 1(850) 243-5105
     Ft. Walton Beach, FL  32548              fax: 1(850) 301-2884
    <SKTennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   <http://www.vista-research.com>
              ***** EasyLanguage Spoken Here *****