RE: Asking too much ??

I actually do know of a few people who generate those kinds of results.

Unfortunately, they have a battalion of PhD's and $3 million in R&D.

Think of it like this:
Not every rock star wannabee will become The Beatles. (the 1% example)

Most will run out of money and patience way before they see their
day in the limelight.  Some just don't have the talent.

-Jon