Re: OT: NIC/Software Question

Unfortunately, there are a lot of possibilities --

You could eliminate the NIC possibility by swapping in a new one-- or
borrow one from one of your working PCs to verify if that solves the
problem.  (D-Link is not exactly known for high quality :)

I assume you've cleared the Browser cache and temp files -- if not, that
could be it --

It could be a virus --

I had a similar situation recently on one PC-- Installing IE-6 fixed the
problem -- (not logical, but it worked)

If all else fails the major surgery of re-formatting the hard drive
re-installing Windows usually works --