Badtrans Virus - No Problem

I just want to pass along my experience.

Shortly after getting a new computer recently, and before I had received any
of the virus-bearing e-mails, I downloaded and installed the latest updates
and security patches to Win2000 Pro, to MSIE 6.0, and to Outlook Express
6.0.  Since then I have received numerous copies of the virus e-mails which
I promptly deleted without opening (other than in the preview window).

I just ran the Symantec Badtrans fixer and it said it deleted one file but
found no running viral processes.  I had earlier checked TaskManager and
also found no unfamiliar processes running.

So, it seems that Win2000 and Outlook Express are, in fact, safe IF you have
installed the latest security patches and IF you avoid opening the infected
attachment.

Carroll Slemaker