Re: Mark Gilks attachment - Badtrans virus

Sorry Mike, I didn't mean to come across so strongly. But where were you
when a couple of members were attacking me for expressing my thoughts on my
personal experience with AG? I don't recall any effort on your part to stem
the insults against me. I would have appreciated your words of admonishment
at that time. Perhaps you're only concerned with politeness when it doesn't
concern you? Why not prove your well intentions and condemn those
individuals for their inhospitable and callous words by posting your
admonishment now?

Either way, let me re-phrase and elaborate. The virus that attacked the
systems of a number of members of this list was not the "silent" type. Mike
Gilk should have been keenly aware that the virus existed on his hard drive
because the virus actually tells you that it has damaged your hard drive!!
And, in order for the virus to work it's damage to other drives, it has to
execute your e-mail software, i.e. Outlook, and then make a network or
dial-up connection so that it can send the infected e-mails.

So, the question is, where the hell is Mike?!! What was he busy doing while
his system was used as an instrument to attack other computers? At the very
least there's a direlection in duty to protect other users, and at worst, he
may have knowningly passed it along. My perspective is that if you infect
other systems and don't know that your system is the culprit, then you are
not capable of using that tool properly and should get some help or stop
using it but at least get banned from Omega List and other forums where you
could cause further damage. Additionally, if you are using your system
purposely to infect other systems, you should be arrested, but at least
banned from Omega List and other forums where you could cause damage.

Hence, my calls for banishment for Mr. Gilk. I hope that clears up any
confusion and effectively states my point of view.

Sincerely,
John