that damn security block with win 2000

I am doing a ts4 clean install on a clean win2000  and can't get past the
security block missing message.  Followed all the steps per the
instructions... copy the dll file to system 32, copy the two sys files to
system32\drivers, added the line to the config.nt file, ran the program to
add the registry entry (and checked it against a box that worked)  I'v tried
deleting lpt1 and reinstalling it.  ran the port speed check program and it
recognizes the block   Checked everything a few times for errors.  Still
can't get the programs to recognize it.

I have done this before, and done it before on the same machine...had no
problems.

Any words of wisdom out there?

Many thanks,
Chris