Re: Will trade my "great" tradingsystem

Gary Fritz wrote:
>want a minimum of drawdowns, and if possible I want it to pump out
>profits on a fairly steady and consistent basis.
>
>And the Sharpe ratio is just about the best tool to measure that kind
>of behavior.

By the way, those of you interested in the Sharpe Ratio might want to
look into the "Sharper Ratio" at
http://www.medianline.com/sharperatioexample.xls

The author says about it:

   The Sharpe ratio, created by William Sharpe, is a widely used
   measure of trading performance. The ratio is constructed of
   trading returns divided my the standard deviation (a measure
   of risk) of returns. Trouble is, the ratio penalizes upside
   variablity (in the direction of profits) as well as downside
   volatility.

   The Sharper ratio overscomes this problem by using, as the
   divisor in the ratio, the square root of the sum of the square of
   periodic (in this case, monthly) drawdowns for the period being
   analyzed. In addition to not penalizing profitable periods, the
   Sharper ratio penalizes deep extended periods of drawdown more
   than shallow drawdowns, more closely capturing the investors
   feelings about drawdown periods.

--
//  \
//___)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com