Re: Standard method to sync inputs across multiple indicators?

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Ivo Karindi wrote:

> Don't know if this is a standard method, but is simple and often works for
> me, although I admit it is not very convenient.  I simply wrote a function
> that uses passing by reference, it's sole purpose being assigning values to
> its input variables.  Then, in order to change parameter's values in all the
> functions and indicators, you have to change the values just once inside the
> function.  For example the following function assigns the same values to
> variables 1-3 for both of the indicators calling it:
>
> {******* Indicator1 *******}
> vars: var1(0), var2(0), var3(0), var4(0);
> var4 = SameVar(var1, var2, var3);
> Plot1((Close-var1)*var2-var3, "xxx");
>
> {******* Indicator2 *******}
> vars: var1(0), var2(0), var3(0), var4(0);
> var4 = SameVar(var1, var2, var3);
> Plot1((Close+var1)*var2+var3, "yyy");
>
> Etc.
>
> {******* Function SameVar *******}
> {   Variables 1-3 are updated from here, not from the TS "Format Indicator"
> window.   }
> inputs:	var1(NumericRef), var2(NumericRef), var3(NumericRef);
> var1 = 1;
> var2 = 2;
> var3 = 3;
> SameVar=1;
>
> I know this method is cumbersome to use, but at least it beats manually
> changing values in all the various indicators.

I just read this and it is just what I was looking for. It to me is much
less of a pain, and a debugging nightmare, to do this rather than have
multiple indicators that have different inputs and you're wondering why
its not working right.