which pork prices to use

I'd like to see how useful a hedge using "pork" futures might be, and I'd
appreciate suggestions as to which is the most indicative contract of pork
prices. For example Smithfield Foods (SFD) is one of the world's largest
pork processors and hog producer. Recently the price moved to news highs,
however, the insiders at the company have been selling into the momentum.
Going against the trend if you will.

Given one is of the opinion that the insiders know something the Analysts'
don't, which is often the case :-), which pork futures contract could be
most useful to buy to cover a short sale of SFD? (I'd also expect to factor
in the value of a futures contract and ratio its volatility in relation to
SFD's volatility).

Thanks in Advance
Colin West