Re: Opening Range Breakout

> My point is, how do you know what the open of the next bar is if
> you haven't got there yet?

In realtime, you don't.  I.e. at 4:15 ET today, there's no way for
you to know what the open will be Monday morning.

But Monday morning you'll know what it is, and you can instantly call
your broker to place an entry stop.

TS can't do that.  To place a stop on the first bar on Monday, you
MUST issue the order on the last bar on Friday.  That's just the way
TS works.

Given that limitation, they let you "cheat" a little to look at the
open value of the next bar.  No, you couldn't get that value in
realtime, but this allows you to *backtest* a strategy that you COULD
implement in realtime.

Gary