From: "Gary Fritz" <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
To: "omega" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: Opening Range Breakout

: > Create a variable, DayOpen.
: > If Date > Date[1] then
: > Dayopen = O + ATR(10)
: > End;
:
: That will work if you only want to issue orders on the 2nd through
: Nth bars in the day.  Since you don't compute DayOpen until the end
: of the 1st bar of the day, you can't use it to issue orders on that
: 1st bar.
:
: To do that, you need to do something like:
:
: vars:  DayOpen(0);
: if Time = Sess1Endtime then DayOpen = Open of next bar;
: if DayOpen <> 0 then buy at DayOpen + ATR(10)*X;
:
: If you access the next bar like that, you can't use multiple data
: streams.  I've never understood why, but TS won't let you.  TS also
: limits your use of "on close" orders in a system that accesses the
: next bar, to prevent you from doing something like this:
:
: if open of next bar > Close then buy;   { Buy this bar at close }
: sell at market;                         { Sell next bar's open }
:
: Gary
:
: