Re: OT: Windows 98

Simon,

When working with Compaq, I frequently find that reason should not be assumed ...

I strongly recommend you forget about using the restore disk Windows 98 on a machine for which it was not intended.  The disk is customized for the machine for which it is specified.  In particular, the drivers are for the hardware in the original computer - which differs from model to model.  Also, on some machines, restore disks create a 'hidden' partition and download
some cabs to it.

Definitely use the restore disk only on the models for which it is designated.

JW