Re: Buying without selling

Yep, you're right as has already been pointed out to me - thanks Kim! (:-)

Unfortunately my original question was hiding a rather more complex one and
trying to simplify one part of it lead to the confusion. However, here's the
situation, please LMK if this makes sense. Or not!

The two systems were designed to compliment each other and when they were
opposing each other in the market there was no way of telling which would
win - if there was, you'd only go with that system. However, both have stops
and in testing it was found that the system which was "wrong" got stopped
out while the system that was "right" carried on to make a profit. This
proved more profitable than having the systems stop each other out of the
market.

Cheers,
Ian