RE: Buying without selling

>>>I want to keep a Long position *and* take a Short position, too

Even if you could do this in TS, how do you plan to implement it with a
broker? Whenever you buy, a sell will offset your long position. In fact the
brokerage makes you sign a paper if you have more than one account that you
will NOT take a long and a short at the same time. The only way to
realistically implement your strategy would be to open two accounts at
different brokerages OR you may try to buy and sell different contract
months. For example, buy a DEC 01 Eurodollar and sell a MAR 02 Eurodollar.
Of course this is called a spread.

Just curious.

Mike.