Buying without selling

Is it possible to issue a Buy order without automatically cancelling a Sell
position?

I have two systems based on the same principle but which work in different
types of market and they achieve optimum results when they run side by side.

Trying to combine them into one system (Signal), however, means that if one
is Short and the other issues a Buy signal, it automatically exits the Short
position before buying.

This may seem sensible because if you're Short and you Buy you go flat (or,
in TS, you ExitShort and go Long). However, I'd like to be both Long and
Short in the market at the same time. This usually happens when the state of
the market is uncertain and either system could win (or lose!).

Is there an (easy) way to do this?

Cheers,
Ian