From: <Snosnosnow@xxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 7:51 PM
Subject: volume indicator assistance please

: I could use some ela coding assistance please.
:
: I am trying to develop a volume indicator that would do 2 things.
:
: a. every time a certain volume of a stock (lets say as a variable
1,000,000 share) turns over a show me indicator would be marked on the chart
(show me).
: b. the volume between those points could be shown in a histogram starting
at 0 and going to 100% (indicator).
:
: I think my problem is in my counter and defining when volume =
volvariable.  Since I need this to reset every time vol = volvariable.
:
: Here is what I have can some of you please help me learn how to write this
code.
:
: Thanks
: Sno
:
: Inputs: VolVal(10000000), StrtDate(0), ExtRgt("True");
: Vars: VolCalc(0), BarCount(0), HiCalc(0), Failure(False);
:
: IF Date = StrtDate OR (Date = LastCalcDate AND StrtDate = 0) Then Begin
:     BarCount = 0;
:     Failure = False;
:     While VolCalc < volVal AND Failure = False Begin
:         IF BarCount > MaxBarsBack Then Begin
:             Failure = True;
:             VolCalc = Volume[BarCount+10];
:         End;
:         VolCalc = VolCalc + Volume[BarCount];
:         BarCount = BarCount + 1;
:
:     End;
:
:     Plot1[BarCount](High[BarCount]*1.01, "volvar");
: