Re: Plotting problem

In a series of posts I showed how the trendline drawing function,
TL_New(sDate,sTime,sVal, eDate,eTime,eVal), could be used to add a
variety of types of plots to a chart, beyond the 4 plots available in
TS. See Code-List, 17 Jul 2000 16:41; 18 Jul 2000 11:08 and 29 Nov 2000
19:55.

 Ivo Karindi pointed out that this trendline drawing function, in the
format I gave, could be used to plot a moving average in a Signal where
a regular TS Plot statement is not allowed. See Omega-List, Mon 29 Jan
2001 10:51.

Following Ivo's lead and using the Dot Format for
TL_New(sDate,sTime,sVal, eDate,eTime,eVal), given in the last cited of
my posts, Jerry's request for plotting data in a Signal can be
accommodated as follows.

His code with TL_New… added is:

Inputs: Length(2), ShowText(False);
Variables: LXPrice(0), SXPrice(0), StopText(0);

 LXPrice = LowestFC(Low, Length) - 1;

 If marketposition=1 then begin
  TL=TL_New(Date[0], Time[0],.995*LXPrice[0],D[0], T[0],1*LXPrice[0]);
  TL_SetStyle(TL, 3);
  TL_SetColor(TL, 6);
  TL_SetSize(TL, 2);
 End;

 SXPrice = HighestFC(High, Length) + 1;

 If marketposition=-1 then begin
   TL=TL_New(Date[0], Time[0],.995*SXPrice[0],D[0], T[0],1*SXPrice[0]);
   TL_SetStyle(TL, 3);
   TL_SetColor(TL, 2);
   TL_SetSize(TL, 2);
End;

(To get TL_New... to plot I had to verify the code after it was on the
chart. As with many TL_New... plots you may have to play around with it
to get it to work).

Of course, Victor's solution to make an indicator works and I have
plotted it in subgraph 2 (I have also include in his code (see below)
TL_New… , which will only plot in the graph in which the price data is
plotted, namely subgraph1). See the gif. So the red dots in both
subgraphs are due to i_marketposition (sub2) and TL_New…(sub1). The blue
dots are from the above code (for clarity, only data for
marketposition=1 is plotted ).

Why there is one more (beginning) data point for "i_marketposition=1"
than "marketposition=1", I have no idea. I am sending the gif separate
from this post due to the 10K (or 20K) size limit on the omega-list