From: Charles Johnson [mailto:cmjohnsonxx@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2001 6:34 PM
To: Mark Brown; OMEGA-LIST
Subject: RE: [JurikMA] BEST TRADING SOFTWARE

I would like to see a product that can backtest complex trading strategies
on multiple securities.

An example of a simple, basic system idea to backtest (I would like to be
able to test and trade much more complex strategies, but even this is
breaking new ground):

Stock universe:  Nasdaq stocks with float > 10 million and 50 day adaptive
moving average trading volume > .5 million.

If a technical indicator for bull/bear/flat in the appropriate timeframe for
Nasdaq = "bull", then

	On daily bars, find the 10 stocks whose highs are higher than those of any
day in previous 200.

	Buy N dollars of stock if/when that high is penetrated intraday within some
number of days.  N dollars is dynamically determined based on number of
realizable trades in recent time period.

	Go flat each stock when momentum dips below optimized value or when it
reaches a logical technically determined stop level or when a juicier trade
comes along.

End

Opposite for bear market.

I would like to be able to use options to hedge or to trade.  I would like
to be able to use complex indicators.  I would like to be able to include
fundamental data such as earnings, float, Fed interest rate changes.  I
would like to be able to integrate AI technologies (neural nets, fuzzy
logic, etc).

The Tradestation concept is primarily lateral and one-dimensional:  the
movement of one security through time.  I would like to expand this to the
vertical dimension of a large universe of security types and securities
(including sectors and sub-sectors of stocks), and to the depth dimension of
all available quantifiable data (not just price and volume).

I assume platforms exist that can do this, perhaps proprietary ones, exist
for institutions with lots of capital.  If they exist for individual
traders, I haven't heard of them.

By the way, Mark, what is the $70K/year platform, and does it do any of
this?