Re: Trading Setup Question (Linux?)

"Rodney Jacks (rvkl90)" <rvkl90@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Does anyone have experience running the Tradestation software on
>Linux using VMWare or other virtual machine software to run Windows
>as a layered application?

The traditional difficulty has been the windows emulator's inability
to run the virtual device driver that TS uses to handle the dongle.
Perhaps the newer emulators like VMWare can do the job; I see there's
a review of a new version of VMWare that claims improved speed.
Earlier versions have received very negative reviews in the speed
department, which would probably rule out its use in a real-time
trading application.

It's possible one of the dongle-eliminator programs could help
with an emulator, but I know that in the case of SafeSoft, it
was no help with Sun's WABI program.

If you get a chance to try TS on VMWare or another virtual machine,
please report your results back to the list.  I'm sure many here
would like an update.

Jim