Backing up

  • To: "Omega" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Backing up
  • From: "John Watson" <NekoNkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 22:54:44 -0700

Herman,

    I had trouble with my hard drive a few weeks ago. I had to buy a
brand new hard drive and installed win 2k and TS over and made it the
master drive. The trouble hard drive became a temporary slave drive What
I did was backing up the "Mywork" folder from the slave into my new
master hard drive. I got all of my works (indicators to systems)  back.
I did lost my workspace files. I can always rebuild it again. I then
disable the trouble slave drive. I planning on sending the trouble hard
drive back to the manufactory for replacement cuz it still under
warranty.

    After that,  I made a copy of each of my works into word pad by
cutting and pasting. I can then backing it up to floppy disk or burn it
to the CD. That way I dont have to worrry about saving my lost work.

Hope you were able to get all of your work back,

        John W