From: "Patrick White" <simgenie@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Omega" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2001 11:20 AM
Subject: OT: Ethernet / RS232 Signal Booster

My dilemma is that I am trying to send data from one side of the house to
the other that comes out of a data box. I have CAT5 cable running through
the house which works fine for my LAN, but the distance makes the signal too
weak so the data box is constantly resetting. I have an insulated length of
RS232 cable that works, but is not inside the walls.

Has anyone made use of an ethernet / RS232 signal booster. I am trying to
find who would have something like this. Would boosting the signal strength
of the coaxial input to the box improve the strength of the output signal?

Patrick White