From: "Gary Fritz" <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
To: "omega" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2001 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: Continuous contract Emini NASDAQ

> 1.  you may wish to try big nas futures instead of mini, as there
> are occassional huge stop runs in the minis that distort things.

It's absolutely true that the minis hit "air pockets" of low
liquidity and a big order can spike the market dramatically.  For
that reason I usually don't use resting stops in the minis.  I also
usually run my systems on the big contracts, so they don't get fooled
into a false entry/exit.

However, I would never go back to big SP/ND.  The fills are vastly
better in the minis, spreads and slippage are much less, you don't
get robbed or "out-traded" by the boys in the pit, your small order
has equal priority with any large order, and you have much better
visibility of where the market is NOW.

I believe the minis will only get more liquid, and the big contracts
less so, as time goes on.  The minis are already a better market than
the big contracts for anything less than about 30-50 ES's, or more.
I haven't traded that size in the pits, but I think they still work
big size in the SP pit pretty well.  The ND pit was always a ripoff
when I traded there and it may well be worse than the NQ's for ANY
size.

Gary