Off topic: Strange problem

Hello omega-list,

  I'm hoping one of you technical experts may be able to help with
  this problem that has kept me out of trading most of last week.

  In short, I can log on with both DSL and Dial-Up but cannot connect
  to any server - web site, e-mail, data provider etc. I have two
  machines in my office and it is the same for both.
  Last Tuesday morning it was connected fine, collecting Globex data
  then stopped. I'm running W98SE with LinkSys network cards. QFeed -
  DS - TS4. Have run diagnostics on the cards and they both check out
  OK. Covad's level 2 support have checked out their software; their
  level 3 support have run checks at their end and cannot come up with
  an answer. I'm now waiting for their Network Operations people to
  get back to me....its a very slow process!!
  I have tried deleting ZoneAlarm completely; no virus or diagnostic
  s/w running.

  Last night I was able to get the use of a laptop to log on by
  dial-up through my lines without any connection troubles so I can
  rule out the lines although it did not have DSL capabilities.

  Right now I'm at a loss and a high level of frustration so any

--
Best regards,
 Ian                          mailto:cuncom@xxxxxxxxx