Dumb eSignal/TS 2000i question

Recently I have been testing eSignal's datafeed and in the last couple of
days I have tried to test it in conjunction with TS2000i. However whenever I
setup a set of symbols in the globalserver (eg ES U1, GB U1-DT) and try
"Connect Symbol" they "Real-Time Status" column switches from "Not
Connected" to "error" with no further explanation. I have tried various
combinations of clearing out all the globalserver symbols (by re-running the
setup wizard), starting/stoppping and re-starting the eSignal Datamanager
and globalserver etc.

Whatever I do the Globalserver symbols never appear in the Datamanager
symbol list and I can't chart any data nor edit any "collected" data (there
isn't any data being collected anyway).

This has to be something basic I'm doing wrong. TS Support helpfully
suggested deleting the globalserver symbols (again).......

Any ideas welcome,