Re: Want inexpensive source for end-of-day data

I like pinnacle to. allmost perfect SP data. When I found discrepencies, Ed
updated their database immediatly.

However, if you want inexpensive (read free0 then you might try the CME
website:
CME Datafiles Available via FTP
http://www.cme.com/market/prices/ftp/

Of course you will need to write a program to convert their format to TS
format (or make me an offer for mine) but there is nothing better than
data from the horses mouth.

Does anyone have all their data for last year and 99?

On 22 Aug 2001, at 12:44, Jay Mackro wrote:

> I am still running TS 4, and only trade end-of-day.  I had been
> using Prophet as my data source, and was pretty happy with
> them - for $19.95/mo they provided an internet download
> that looked enough like Dial Data to fool the Omega
> downloader into accepting it quite seamlessley.
>
> However, Prophet has increased their rates by 50% - to
> $29.95/mo (or more if you need long-term historic
> data, access to option markets, ...     I should not be
> quoting their rate structure for them).  I felt that there is
> so much free charting available over the internet that
> for my level of trading it would be nuts to pay $360/year
> for data.  However, every once in awhile, it would be
> nice to run a TradeStation study on current S&P, Bond,
> or other common data series.
>
> Short of begging paste-in files from the folks on this
> list, are there any other sources inexpensive, end-of-
> day data available?
>
> Regards
>
> Jay Mackro

Regards