Re: TS PRO vs TS Pro w Trading Option .. $$$ For TRAD

i concur...
often times you have to run systems without executing
orders and track their real time performance and then
switch to systems that do well... etc..
in the new version of Pro it is impossible to track
system performance in real time... so instead of
fixing the problem with the tracking center they
actually got rid of that and designed the trade
tracking center. which is fine but again a trader is
not expected to take 100% of trades on all systems
that he is tracking... right... i mean this is reality here.
there might be one out of 1000 guys that takes every
freaking trade from the systems that he is running...
i gotta tell you... you gotta have a rock solid system
to be able to do that. i consider myself a power user
of Pro and have been screaming here often and i can
confess that i don't take all the signals... on all
symbols that i track...

this was not the wise decision to make for TRAD...
being wise would be to allow users to track
synthetic ( paper ) profits coming from all systems
in real time ( as was in T4.0, nice cumulative profit in
the window title bar... ) and then track real trades as they come
from either desc decisions or systems.
this was very shortsighted...

here is how I would decide if I was the in charge there :)
- for those who don't have the accounts with TRAD but
  still want to use TS functionality allow the orders to
  be sent to the tracking center and allow the user to
  track hypothetical real time profits and positons as if the orders got
  executed  (like in the old TStations now )
... hypothetical P&L ( simulated profits )
  allow the user to disable and hide unused tracking center tabs
 if he does not have an account open.
- for those who have accounts with TRAD allow to
  still display combined hypothetical profits and the
  real time profits...

you still need only one version of TS to do both, just
properly design  the thing.

that's all it takes... to make both crowds happy...
can't force people to open up the accounts by turning
off the tracking center...
many people want to use TS just for research,
prototyping, system design...
what they are doing is making it  more targeted and
less open by doing this.

i complained about it as the new version was released
as i expected the old style ( 4.0 ) simple tracking center...
but got extreemly frustrated when they came out with
the newer version... in fact i was freaking furious.
the freaking main page that i look at is the tracking
center not the freaking charts... so  i could not
look at it since it was pegging the cpu ( 80 systems )
only for a few seconds...
and when the new version got released i can't
look at it AT ALL... unless i trade them all with
real trades... ( although that's the way it should be
and that's comming when the
super system is done ). i don't know what to say...

now i gotta code my own tracking center with
excel and hashnumbs... more pile on top of the pile...

TRAD...
make min changes so that people can track their
simulated system profits and positions together
with the combined P&L... that's all we need...
all you gotta do is separate orders into:
- active
- canceled
- generated ( last generated order, same as filled in old TS )
  allow those to be sent to a freaking printerand a file in real time
   for god's sake once in a lifetime...
  so we don't have to use dll workarounds...
- executed ( filled )
- pending ( sent )

and position page with
- simulated position marked in one color
- real positons market in different color
- have two P&L figures: real and simulated positions

that's all you need to do...

if case you have credibility problems...
we designed autoexecution systems before you did
in the past so i am not talking out of my ass...
i know the process and what it takes...
it's all about the details.
bilo.
ps. now to track my systems i am forced to
use the old version stand alone and have to
code the custom tracking center before
the cut off date.
i sure hope they don't cut off users that have
no accounts open but are still willing to pay
for the feed, the charts and the system writing
capability.