From: <cash@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Jim Bronke" <jvbronke@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2001 7:22 PM
Subject: Re: Buy this bar on OPEN?

: Specifically, this is what I do in real-life:
: 1. at 9:15am get the figure for the S&P Globex futures.
: 2. Take the 9:15am figure and the regular S&P futures close from the day
before and determine the %increase or %decrease.
: For example: Close was 1000, 9:15am figure was 1010, so that's a
1%increase.
: 3. Figure a target opening price for the stock based on yesterday's close
and that 1% increase figure, let's say a $50 stock, so if everything is
normal, I look for it to open at $50.50
: 4. I think if it opens at that target plus 50 cents, it's extreme, so I
put an order in that says "Sell Short XYZ at $51.01, Opening Only".  This is
basically a fill or kill limit order that happens only on the open.
:
: I was hoping for backtesting purposes just to use the regular session
figures as that would make my life a bit easier.  I guess I could do it with
the globex figures, but I'd rather avoid it if I could buy on that bar on
the open.  But I'm not even sure if I
: could do it with the globex session as the close of the globex session
comes AFTER the close of yesterday's stock, so how could I put in the order
on the last 1 minute bar of the stock if I don't know what the close of the
globex will be?  Is there
: any kind of "next bar" reference (ie Close[-1])?  Or is there perhaps
another solution?
:
: Thx,
: