Re: Setting stops in TS2K?

Thanks for the input folks,

I'm looking at strategy builder closer. But, with strategy builder, I'm
not sure how to set a variable trailing stop.

First of all, keep in mind that this will be on 1 minute charts for
data1.  I will probably have data2 set at daily to get some info from
there. And this is always stocks.
For example, I want to set my trailing stop based on a few things:
Once I'm in a position, I want to initially set my trailing stop = (10%
of the 20 day average true range) + .25.
Then, for every .25 profit, I want to increment my trailing stop by
.05.
So what I have is an initial stop and then as the position builds
profit, I want to give it more room to breathe.
Then I want to check on the last bar of the day if I'm still in the
position, I won't use the stop, I'll just exit at the close.

The thing I can't figure out is that if I use the signals in the strategy
builder, how do I keep adjusting the stop based on my current
position's profit?  The only way I can see doing this is by
incorporating it in my main signal.  Either that, or I don't have a
good grasp on the strategy builder.

OK, now just a stream of conciousnous thought.
I build a signal called EnterPosition which eventually gets me in a
position
I also build a signal called set trailing stop.  This signal looks at my
current position, the 20 day ATR, the entry price of my current
position, and the profit of my current position.  It then enters a stop
for the appropriate amount.

Cash