Re: Need Delayed (=cheap) Intraday Data for TS2k

Hello  John,

JL> I need access to halfhourly and hourly data to support interday position
JL> trading but don't need real time data.  Can anyone please recommend sources
JL> of delayed intraday stock and futures data for TS2K?

i  am  most  impressed  by qcollector at http://www.mechtrading.com it
uses  quote.com  and  retrieves data both end of day and intraday on a
user  selected  timed  interval.   the product works flawlessly and is
easy  to  use.   it's  probably  the  best  value for my money i have
purchased in a long time.

i  also  purchased  the  omega updater with it, this allows me to have
qcollector  update  the charts automatically after qcolloector has run
its  intraday update.  i run ts4 on another machine on the network and
map  over  to  the  files  that qcollector is updating.  you could run
multiple  ts4  doing  all sorts of different things, all getting their
data from one source computer.

i  also like dynaloader with ts4 and have experimented with ts2k - the
latter runs much better with a direct feed like dynastore or dtn which
i   also  have.   the  ts2k  was  furnished  to  me to use otherwise i
probably would not buy the product myself.

when i tried to run ts2k with the data manager for dbc-bmi products it
really ran slow.  at least with dynastore it is much faster.

dynastore can be found at http://www.dynastorelight.com

dtn also has a great deal on delayed data

You can have DTN satellite for less than Quote.com per month. You have
to sign up as an agricultural customer who pays per quarter not by the
month. The fee per quarter is about 208.32 - so you pay around 69.44
per month effectively. Then my friend gets you the 8000 satellite box
instead of the typical 7000 agricultural box which can not be
interfaced to a computer to feed TradeStation. Real time exchange fees
are extra of course, but you receive a wide range of things delayed.
Also DTN offers you a 30 day return privilege.

Contact:  Chris Parker ( Independent DTN Sales Representative)
Toll Free: 877-950-9950

Tell Chris you want the "The Mark Brown Deal" he will then know
exactly what you want. I personally use this product. I recommend once
you are satisfied and plan to keep the feed you purchase a High Speed
Serial Interface card like the one I use.

You may also need this product if you choose the DTN route,

Product information: Byte Runner Technologies I use their model
PCI-100H current cost is $ 36.00 and represents an excellent value and
performance.

information at http://www.markbrown.com/services/

--

Have a Great Day, Mark