Re: Upgrading to Win2K

Hello  John,

when i built some new computers last year, i simply booted from the cd
to  install  win 98 and then once all my hardware was working fine and
all  drivers  installed.   i over installed win2000 choosing to let it
not   dual  boot  and i let it eliminate all traces of backup win98 os
files ect.  it worked for me a dozen times at least.

i   did  one  where i had a wi98 and a win2000 os directory and latter
after  installing  win2000 i deleted the old win 98 os folder and that
worked  as  well.   overall  i was amazed how easy it worked.  i still
suffer today  from  some win2000 software incompatibilities though and
believe  i  still  favor  win  nt server for my heavy work.  hope this
helps your confidence.

--

Have a Great Day, Mark

http://www.markbrown.com