Re: Why bad realtime results?

I had a similar experience years ago when I took a look at a system
called broken arrow.  I also was able to create the same symptoms using
systems on Point and Figure charts.  In my case the problem was to do
the way Trade Station handles bouncing ticks.  Your problem may be
similar but I am not familiar with 2000i or Dynastore or quote.com.  My
guess is that bouncing ticks is your problem.  Sounds exactly similar to
my experience.  I might add the results of the above systems were
exceptional but false.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Tom

Jack Griffin wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> I started running a new intra-day system realtime via
> Tradestation 2000i + Dynastore + quote.com.  After a
> several days of running it, I am getting a disturbing
> result.  Yesterday, for instance, my realtime strategy
> and corresponding indicator was flat the whole day.
> Today, after rebooting, I loaded the same exact system
> using the same data (except now historical).  It
> claims to have given me a nice sell signal midday,
> just before the nasdaq tanked.  In fact, the realtime
> signal/indicator are totally different!
>
> Have others noticed anything like this?  At first I
> thought it might be due to precision errors.  But I am
> not sure that make sense since I thought the chart is
> recalculated each bar from scratch.

<snip>