Re: OptionVue5

I tried every, yes, every option software package on the market between one and
two years ago. I was dissatisfied for one reason or another with all of them
but Optionvue was by far the best package out there. (I even started a software
company to create a new options package but fortunately woke up in great pain
early enough to move on to futures trading!) It has a great feature set, is
realiable, tech support (though very infrequently needed) was great and the
price was reasonable given the going market. If you are going into the
complexity of trading options (though I'm not sure why one would at this point
so I would be curious to hear your logics)then Optionvue is really the only
robust, long time released, full featured product actually designed by option
traders.

The only downside, inherent in all packages I've seen is the linkage between
the underlying world and it's option tradeable. I was constantly going back and
forth between Tradestation and Optionvue and trying to write stuff that would
somehow link the results of one with the inputs of the other. A major pain.
Don't even THINK about using Option Station and don't get me started on what's
wrong with that package. You think Easylanguage has bugs and inaccuracies? Well
they use it for option calculations. It reminds me of the latest version of
Planet of the Apes but without the scantily clad blonde savage...

Good luck!

Gerald Marisch  wrote:
Anyone have an opinion on OptionVue5 and/or a referral for a decent,reputable
options broker?Gerald Marisch