Close vs Settlement vs tick final

Good morning!

A few years ago my first ex-wife, who is also a quadruple
planet Virgo, bought me a T-shirt that said, "Does
Anal-Retentive have a Hyphen?"

In light of that shirt, I would have imagined that a
closing price = settlement price = last tick of the day.
Looking at DTN and Esignal tick and close data and CBOT
data postings, apparently they are not. Could someone clue
me in as to why? And if I were to edit my data in the
Global server, would I edit the daily close to the CBOT
settlement or the CBOT close? Should I edit my tick data so
that the last tick reads the same as the close of the day
or the settlement?

Thomas "I Like to Date Around but I'm Monagamous with Data" Alexander