Addendum: "New Orders" dialog box problem

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Addendum: "New Orders" dialog box problem
  • From: Mark Baze <mark_baze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:05:45 -0700

Regarding my previous post about only a single "New
Orders" dialog box appearing even though the
EasyLanguage code contains *both* a protective stop
and a target limit order to be placed, as I'm watching
now in realtime, I forgot that there is an even worse
problem:

When an entry order signal is generated, e.g., from a
market order to buy at close, initially 3 dialog boxes
appear, one saying place a Market Order, one saying
you now have an Open Position, and one saying that
your order has been Filled.  The single protective
stop dialog box that I was referring to earlier
actually does not appear until the close of the
*subsequent* bar.  Further, *neither* the protective
stop order nor the target limit order are sent to the
Tracking Center until the close of that subsequent
bar.

Thus, for example, if one is working off of 15 min
bars, it takes an additional 15 min after generation
of the entry signal for the single dialog box with the
stop order to appear and (worse) for the stop and
limit orders to appear in the Tracking Center.
Fifteen minutes is a lifetime in futures trading.

As a workaround, I write into the code language to
have the stop and limit values immediately displayed
as text on the screen beside the entry bar.

Is this what other people have to do as well or do I
not have something set correctly so that the stop and
limit information is sent immediately to the Tracking
Center?

Thanks again,
Mark