Re: Optionetics

"IT WAS THEIR FAILURE TO :
1) ACKNOWLEDGE THE PROBABILITY OF A REALLY BIG WAVE..."

AMEN - AMEN - AMEN

With all due respect to Black / Scholes, a mathematical model for projecting
market activity - regardless of how "elegant" or sophisticated it may be -
is only as profitable as the trader using that model.

I'm only a small trader and would not be so egotistically presumptuous as to
compare myself with mathematical giants such as Black, Scholes and those
with whom they conferred to finalize their formula.

But I will staunchly defend my crude saying that a trader - ANY trader in
ANY market - has to be a whore to the market.  A trader must submit to the
market's wishes.

And always to remember my 2 Cardinal Rules when you begin to tout your
analytical invincibility after a string of profits:
Cardinal Rule #1:    THE MARKETS DON'T "HAVE TO" DO ANYTHING.
Cardinal Rule #2:    SEE CARDINAL RULE #1.

Be humble - and be profitable!!!!!!

So much for today's pontificating - time for lunch!