RE: Precision Errors

At 6:52 PM +0200 7/22/01, pierre.orphelin wrote:

>But this is not the case, so your example is dead wrong.
>
>Again , my hint is that most of you should read an elementary physics book
>before whining on Float precision.

Pierre:

The way I read Kent's post he is exactly correct so I conclude that
he understands how floating point works.

The way I read your post of 7/19/01 suggesting the following code:

>if sum> = 9999999- 2*price
>{ please check the acceptable precision limit according to your own TS
>precision belief}
>then begin

makes me think that you do not understand how floating point works.

So, based upon these post, I would think you are the one who needs to
do some reading...

Bob Fulks