Precision Errors Part II: How could this slip through?

>Our complaint with Omega is not with the use of floating point
>arithmetic or even single-precision floats. Our complaint is that if
>the developers of TradeStation decided, for whatever reason, to use
>single-precision floats for the arithmetic, they have the OBLIGATION
>to create a function library using programming techniques that give
>accurate results using single-precision floats. The present library
>gives inaccurate results with single-precision floats. It certainly
>seems as if the developers of the TradeStation function libraries did
>not understand the effects of calculation precision on their
>results... or didn't care...

They didn't understand.  The few people who did understand left the company
because they didn't receive the love and respect they deserved.  This is a
guess, by the way.  I think so because I also guess that 1 out of 100
people willing to part with $2400 actually USE EasyLanguage enough to
notice this gross error.  The rest bought the product because they believe
that just having it will make them rich.  So, when a smart developer came
to Cruz and said, "but we have to deal with this and that and the other,"
and Cruz replied, "Naaah, forget it.  We're late already," do you think
this developer will stick around?