Precision Errors

Mats,

I just returned from traveling to catch your e-mails on TradeStation's
precision.  I couldn't agree more.  Try using the coeffR function to
calculate a correlation.  Correlation, StDev, Regression all require
squaring large numbers.  This is a disaster with TS's single precision.
With Currentbar > 1,000 the difference between TS's calculation of a 90 bar
correlation versus Excel or C++ (which agree to 9 decimals) is .32 versus
.56.  I call that significant.   To add insult, Omega adds code to constrain
the calculation to +/- 1.  Correlation is by definition constrained tp +/-
1.  The only reason to constrain it is to hide the fact that you can't
calculate it correctly.

On an even simpler scale, calculate a simple 1000 bar moving average in TS
and compare to Excel or C++.   TS can't even do this with precision to ONE
decimal place.

Neal