RE: Is it time to find a BETTER toolbox?

The recurrent subject comes again...(usually on a quarterly basis)

> I agree with all of you, that TS2000i has far to many bugs.  I
> really think that the product will never get out of BETA testing, and we
all paid to be
> testers.  I no longer even bother reporting bugs to TRAD, because I have
> lost confidence in them ever being fixed.

If bugs are of same quality of those recently reported, I fear that the new
platform quest will be a waste of time...

> Currently, I am not using any of the TS build-in indicators and
> only a very few of the built-in functions.  I find that EasyLanguage is
far from being
> easy or bug free, and EL is at the very heart of TS and cannot be ignored.
> Example:  Try to plot anything custom on a chart without using
> EL.  I don't think it can be done using a DLL.  Between the bugs in EL and
the charting
> engine, I have just about had it with TradeStation.

Strange idea. Why do you want to plot without using EL?
Why a DLL here ?

> So, on August 17, 2001, I am going to the Online Trading
> conference/show in Washington D.C. with the express purpose of looking at
other
> charting tools. I would enjoy meeting face-to-face with other
news-group-readers
> if they are going to be in the area.   BTW - TRAD will be at the show
showing the new
> TradeStation Platform product.
>
> What is you opinion?

My opinion is that you have time to spend to visit luxurious booths and
collect  4 colors paper ads.

EL does not have bugs that will not aloow you to code what you need. But EL
needs some work and understanding, what you will not find at the Expo.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com
TradeStation Technologies representative in France