Re: Security alert

> The MS01-037 security alert is fake it actually is a worm  go to
> this link!
> http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/internet/07/17/disguised.worm.idg/index.html

I looked at the CNN link, and it says the worm is distributed via
email with an *attached* security patch.  The notice Mark posted is
for a security bulletin on the **Microsoft website**.  I'm guessing
the worm email was intended to "piggy-back" on a legitimate Microsoft
security notice by using a Microsoft-format security bulletin name.
Unless *Microsoft* has been conned into posting a worm on THEIR SITE,
I would assume the Microsoft download is safe.

But definitely DON'T run any "security patches" you get as an
attachment.  Even if the email purports to be from Microsoft, since
we all know Microsoft doesn't email-blast the entire world with
security patches.

Gary