Re[6]: An online *.omz converter

Dear Ztrader,

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to make a generic version that is
not tied to any specific browser?

This is possible, although not so simple. The thing is – IE is much better adapted to using the full range of
Javascript and other web programming.

I use Opera because (1) it has MUCH better security and privacy
features, and (2) it is NOT from M$. :-) As you might have guessed,
I'm not a M$ fan. :-)

Opera adheres to open standards, which are usually more than adequate
to do what is needed. Is there something that requires more than that?

I know many people sharing your opinion that I respect. But I know as many web builders who’d spent a lot of
time and effort on making their sites Netscape and Opera-compatible and now are ready to argue with you. We’d like
and we’ll try to make our site compatible with every browser there is – but the differences are such that it practically
amounts to making two different sites to make them accessible to both IE and Netscape users.

-------------------------------
I DO appreciate your giving us the conversion capability - Thanks!

There was mention that you use web bugs or other tracking
capabilities. Be aware that I, and others, filter out these
annoyances. I will not visit or use any sites that try to hide what
they do, or try to trick or deceive me.

However, I DO use sites that are open about what they do. For example,
a few sites say they have ads to help support the site, and describe
exactly what is done. They then ask that you click on any ads of
interest to help support the site, and I do click on these to help the
honest sites survive.

The only “annoyance” we’d used is a cookie-based statistics function. Presently even it is disabled.
I saw the people are so afraid of “bugs” that they suppose anyone they connect to tries to hack them up or something.
This is a very specific kind of suspicions on the Omega list. Please rest assured we’ve better things to do but foul our
reputation of respected program and service providers. Thanks for your feedback and you’re welcome.

Best wishes,
Alex
TS Support
www.tssupport.com