Re[2]: S&P Emini Trading System

Hello  Jan,

JP> I realized that I risked your wrath and a visit to my doctor by giving
JP> my advise to Sarb, however, I VERY RESPECTFULY disagree with
JP> you and stand by my no's which come from MY positive experience.

everyone has a positive experience every now and then. a brilliant
programmer who is on this list once had a equity curve that looked
like a rocket ship. if he could sustain it he would own us all by now.
instead he is programming for a software company now. what happened?
he had a run that's what happened and he was over leveraged expecting
the inverted pyramid to not topple.

JP> BTW, 5 years of data for daytrading would mean something like
JP> 1200 to 5000 trades,

1200 trades is a good number, when you have something that will
sustain profitability over that many trades you have it.

JP> in MHO totally unnecessary and also to some extent meaningless
JP> considering the fact that markets change all the time and a
JP> daytrading system must be, from time to time, adjusted or
JP> redesigned. 5 years ago, Emini was different than it is now and
JP> will be certainly different again in less than 5 years.

if you have the opinion that the markets change and you have to
continually tweak. then i think thats like someone saying driving a
Ferrari is no fun, when in fact they have never driven one. so how
would they know? use the oddball system for example. i checked this
weekend and it has shown 97,100.00 in (hypothetical of course for the
nfa) since its disclosure. i developed the model in 92. the core i
released has not been changed since then and it was developed on the
full contract before the split and before the emini. explain that
away? so i am a firm believer in capturing a markets personality, the
whole personality. its there you just have to discover it.

snip>

and like you said this is my personal experience also and your mileage
will very most likely vary well the hell far from mine.

JP> Jan Philipp

Have a Great Day, Mark

http://www.markbrown.com