Re: Globex2 in home

In a message dated Sun, 1 Jul 2001  1:45:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Scott Hoffman" <trader20@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< Does anybody have a Globex2 terminal in their home? If so, what are the costs involved?>>

It depends upon the kind of connection that you choose.

The direct link option starts at $1,000/month for a 56K connection and increases to $5,000/month for a T1. A full pice list is available from the CME website.

In addition to the above is a $2,000 installation fee, a $1,000 removal fee if you decide to cancel.

<<Terminal lease? Telecom setup?>>

Included with the direct link option is a Compaq computer. In addition to your connection of choice, you are provided with an ISDN line and a POTS line as backups.

<<Can you do it with high-speed internet or do you need a VPN?>>

A VPN solution is now available and costs $400/month. You bring your own Internet connection and you provide the hardware. The CME provide the Genuity VPN software and the GL/Trade front end. This is what I have.

<<What are the e-mini per contract fees?>>

That is between you and your broker but their charges will be in addition to the CME, NFA fees which currently total $2.40/RT for non-members.

<<Seems to me the trade off is $5 per side for e-mini through a broker at the cost of DSL vs. fixed monthly cost (terminal lease, telecom cost...this is
what I want to know) with < $1 per side.>>

Not exactly. Unless you are a CME member, your trades are never going to be < $1 per side.

The CME and NFA fees are $1.20 per side before your broker adds his clearing charges.

Rgds,

Kim