RE: time to compare processors again

This is as always interesting. There was a time when AMD was worse than
Intel. Now is the time when Intel is worse than AMD. But the memory of the
old days reamins in memory a long time. The corresponding deabate, not more
than 5 years ago, maybe even three years ago, would have been not the
processor, but the hardware reseller.

Do you really dare to buy a non IBM computer when reliability is important?
Of course you do today, but if you asked the question 5 years ago, then
answers would have been similar to what is given about AMD.

It is almost like with the trading system, go with what you believe in.
Whatever you select, you will get problems now and then. If you are certain
you have a good solution, you will get over them. If you are in doubt you
did the right thing, you will keep asking yourself what is the problem.
Someone even answered he did not have to reinstall the program after crashes
now when he is ruinning Intel instead of AMD. That, is a real proof of fate
meaning more than knowledge.

If you look at those who have switched to AMD from Intel, you will find a
lot of heavyweight knowledge and heavyweight applications. There is no
technical reason, or economical reason, to buy Intel anymore. But if you are
uncertain, buy what you believe in, because believes is what will keep you
going even when disaster strucks.

And remember:Ö Whatever processor you select, the motherboard and memory is
really important, do not go for cheap stuff, do not set it up past the
specifications.