Cheap ram

I would like to caution against buying cheapest memory. Some processor
like AMD Athlon are very sensitive. Lately I upgraded my processor to
Athlon 800 MHz and knowing this fact decided to buy brand name memory.
Through the Internet I found MEMPLUS.COM, which was selling Micron
modules at reasonable price. It was more than no-name products, but I
preferred to pay premium for the brand name.
When the memory arrived it was in the anti-static bag but did not have
any label(!). Upon installation I got a blue screen of death. I moved
this memory to other machine using PIII processor. I was able to run it
and the diagnostic software indicated that this is not Micron and one
section is faulty. Several weeks ago I returned it and hope to be
re-imbursed.
Just a warning against buying from MEMPLUS.
Alex