Re: I/O Error

Thank you Gerald, Robert Keenen and Randall Kurson for
your replies.  In fact, I have tried everything you
suggested.
1.  I have 328 mb ram.  So, Ram wasn't the problem.
2.  This was a clean install TS2000. No need to
re-install.
3.  Verifying all didn't get rid of the error.
4.  I tried deleteing all .tok files and then
verifying all.  Same error.

The only way I can get rid of it is to delete and
rebuild the workspace and then enter all indicators
all over again.  From there, leave all indicators
alone.  I would say this I/O error is a bug in TS2000.

--- Gerald Marisch <gm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In my case, someone at Omega once told me why it
> happens.  It seems it has
> something to do with not enough RAM being available,
> I think.
>
> To be honest, I don't care WHY it happens, only on
> HOW TO FIX IT.
> Again if my case, a second mouse click usually got
> me where I wanted to go
> with respect to the studies.  To "get rid" of the
> "I/O" problem, I just shut
> everything down, waited 10-15 seconds for all the
> "hanging and dimpled"
> bytes to get to byte heaven, and started everything
> back up.
>
> Since adding RAM chips to my computer (and I know
> next to nothing about
> computers, even though I use them every day), I have
> not had the I/O
> problem.
>
> Could there be a relationship between the I/O
> problem and more RAM?  Who
> knows.  But more RAM seems to have solved my
> situation.
>
> Good luck anyway.  Hope I could at least point you
> in the right direction.
>
> Gerald Marisch

=====
Julian